PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbin and CDS Squaring-Up
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2015, 19:35
Chugalug2

Received 227 Likes on 70 Posts
Whatever the rights and wrongs of what CDS did or didn't say, wouldn't it have been better not to do such an interview on Remembrance Sunday? If his intention was to promote the Armed Forces and remind the viewers that the debt that they owe and acknowledge today is as real now as ever it was, then all well and good.

It seems however that the BBC wanted to politicise the interview, or at least Andrew Marr did. The same comments about the appropriateness of choosing today to do so applies equally to the BBC as it does to CDS in my view. The latter has the excuse that he was bowled a bit of a googlie, no such excuse applies to the bowler. Perhaps we will see rather more of CDS in future on ITN or Sky News? If so I wouldn't blame him at all. The BBC has outgrown any usefulness that it might ever have been to this nation. As someone else (for whom Mr Corbyn might well feel a certain amount of sympathy) once said:-

You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!