PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Michael Fallon - "Morally Indefensible" not to saction force over Syria
Old 8th Nov 2015, 19:10
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shotone,

Yep, perhaps my thinking is not particularly clear there. I believe that the commitment in Iraq is as much as we could reasonably be expected to do, considering the austerity measures applied by this government. Now, we see a minister frustrated in his attempts to muscle in to further commitments in Syria, on the basis of our supplying a couple of Jets would salve his conscience. I honestly believe that the last reason to risk our servicemens lives is political vanity, so would definitely oppose this attempt to commit crews into an area they are not needed. Best do a good job in Iraq, than screw up in Syria for political face saving. As an ex SNCO perhaps I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw, it's always interesting to read the opinions of my betters, something I was not often privy to during my time in service. Some interesting thoughts on here, well beyond an old bald blokes opinion. Thanks for your interest in my post.

Smudge