PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Planned Rest Changes (reductions)
Old 8th Nov 2015, 17:38
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlaw

Well, please don't attach my name to that quote as it certainly wasn't me....butter cup! The difference now is that not only are the guys working hard, but leave is also being affected. Not sure if that was the case on the 330? Either way, it appears lessons have not been learnt and we're still driving the pilots into the ground with worsening rather than improving conditions.

The fact is we're recruiting around 30-40 pilots per month maximum with a target of around 60-65 thereabouts. Not only are we not achieving the requirement, we're rapidly falling further behind each and every month as the shortage compounds itself. This doesn't, as far as I'm aware, account for normal attrition which is running around 2.5%. There's also bound to be further strains on training as it attempts to use the same footprint for smart, yet much less experienced young pilots. Increasing the training merely puts further pressure on a system already overstretched so how some of these far less experienced individuals will fair with the high training workload/standard is open to debate.

To get these guys through the course and onto the line may require a shift in attitude from our trainers, not something easily achievable with some!

Harry