PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real manual flying. Amazing 'interception'
Old 8th Nov 2015, 16:28
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks FlyDive1. Finally I have an excuse to use that very much overused word by the Americans. "Oh my god, that's awesome."

Truly astonishing, and wishing I was 20 years younger. There was a Tony Hancock radio script, years ago in 60's, where there was a knock on the door of an airborne airliner and the classic words, perhaps from Kenneth Williams, "oh 'hello, can I come in." Who would have thought...55 years later.......

The first time I saw a paraglider do a loop = infinity tumble, I was in disbelief. Now the best pilots do a continuos descending series of loops that must be mind blowing; on a tea towel and a few bits of string. Add to that the other aerobatics they do. Risky, brave, adventurous? All of that. Reckless? No way. The known boundaries of so many things are now in places undreamed of. Where will all these adventurers take us? The goal was to fly a microlight over Everest. Impossible. Well the geese do it. Now it's been done. Will the jetpack man do it? Probably. Why? because it's there. Where to next? No idea, but the untrodden road is a magnet, it's just the first step that is difficult, and 50% of the journey.