PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 8th Nov 2015, 14:42
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The one thing which does anger me is that the way these investigations are done in recent times, and that is not limited to this one, the tremendous pressure exercised via the press who will print just about everything regardless of quality in order to sell papers, via the internet, where people will do anything to get 5 seconds of fame or make a buck and finally via politicians, who will misuse such stuff for their own agendas, perverts the way these investigations should be done.

ICAO Annex 13 is the bible for that and it is via that excellent piece of regulation that an investigation and the communication about it has to be done.

I found the remark of the ENAC chair very much to the point yesterday, when he acidly remarked that those who have "facts" should forward them to the investigation team instead of politicians and the press.

What has happened here in this case is a total disgrace.
- It undermines the principles of civil aviation accident investigation
- It gives tremendous attention and ideological support to terrorist groups
- It undermines the authorities of the countries involved and forces them into totally unwarranted action
- It exposes the West as weak, without principles and without stamina.

If every time some guy posts a twitter that he sunk the Titanic or something else our governments react in the way they did and get people running like cockroaches from where ever things happen, we will see more and more such imagined or, worse, real attacks happen. Until there is no place left to to run.

Face it: If this turns out to be a technical structural failure caused by fatigue, engine trouble or whatever can cause a plane to come apart, the way British and US "intelligence" services have handled this case, it will have benefitted IS to no ends. It will make thousands of Joe Publics re-think their holiday plans and it will leave Egypt with mass layoffs and lots of people descending into poverty, right into the recruiting scheme for IS.

I do hope that if that were the case, that someone will take these guys to court. I would honestly wish that C.Y.A shots from the hip should be much more painful for the cowards involved than being prudent and very rarely wrong.