PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for it!
Thread: Paying for it!
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2015, 12:44
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would second the above about tagging.

You need to have a broad and realistic view of who is hiring, and what they require. A healthy dose of realism.

BA/Virgin - only hire experienced drivers or take a few lucky very intelligent types from tagged or sponsored courses. You will never walk out of flight training and get hired by these unless previously tagged.

Flybe - take mixture of mod, integrated, tagged, flying instructors and ex military. Risk being that you can become 'trapped' on turboprops (nothing wrong in that! ) as the traditional route of t/p to jet is dying as kids pay for ratings.

Ez/Ryan- Ryan have huge recruitment next few years with over 300 jets on order. Most likely they will be your best chance of a job, if you can pay the 30k plus expenses for a job. Both these guys take mod/integrated, with ez I think a bit more bias towards integrated.

Jet2/Thomson- normally experienced only, bar a few pilot apprenticeship taken at jet2

Logan - take all sorts, bias towards Scottish instructors! Again risk of trapped on turbines.

Bizjets- very much a who you know, and also they normally will always require hours, a tough gig to get a a newbie.

Wiz - preference to Hungarian's, but do take mod and integrated

By looking into airline requirements, you can way up with a bit more scientific basis which route is better to take.

I would suggest your lad also try the military first. Fantastic career.