PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 8th Nov 2015, 12:28
andrasz

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
@ slats11

Anyone with basic understanding of the dynamics and effects of an explosion at 31 thousand feet at 400 knots would and should instantly recognise that the video cannot show this accident, smoke will never propagate that way under those conditions.

Also such black smoke comes from a sustained incomplete combustion of heavy carbon compounds (heavy fuels, plastics, rubber, etc.), a bomb (especially high explosives)will give off a puff of white smoke, as the essence of a chemical explosion is instantaneous complete combustion. Obviously the makers of the video did not consider this (of course not, because the video was made when everybody was getting excited about a missile, and the video was made to fit that theory).

If above not sufficient, we know that whatever happened resulted in a near-instantaneous break-up of the airplane, which we do not see on the video. The wreckage provides ample evidence that a (likely fuel fed) fire erupted in the air AFTER the breakup.

I do not wish to dwell on this any longer, those who want to believe rather than think will never listen to reason. The video was created with a laymans understanding of what such an explosion would look like, as this forum is proof that many are falling for it.

This does not mean that it was not a bomb, or IS did not do it (though there are plenty of other loonies out there with an axe to grind, some of them carry Russian passports), it simply means that the video is a fake, full stop.

PS: not engineering, bean counting. But I have learned to recognise the people who know more about a subject than I do, and listen to them.

Last edited by andrasz; 8th Nov 2015 at 12:38.