PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 8th Nov 2015, 05:52
Prada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breakup sequence

I wont repeat my earlier description of failjre sequence. Which i did backwards on facts we know. I just continue.

It is not exactly known when and why engines became separated. But at least left engine has ingested hot gases from fire. It means forward part was already falling backwards. Probably. At slow airspeed. Unusual attitude.

Rear seats were shedded one by one. We havent seen any large piece of floor or left side fuselage. It would suggest that breakup started on left side at floor level. Near act tank fuselage left side was shedded piece by piece. Until fuselage became weak enough to break close to wings. Thats when tail became separated by aerodynamic forces at high speed. Connection to fdr was lost in initial event or burst. Thats when fr24 shows fast ground speed reduction. Ripping of hs, vs and tailcone is a result of rear fuselage separation that enabled abrupt attitud changes. Also explai s close proximity of tail and apu.