PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Doubt
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2015, 23:26
AGR98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Helpfull.
The problem here is the future of my Family. The violence is horrible we are always worried.
But you are right, the law is about to chance, We can espect a better future.
I really don't know what to do, that's one of the reasons i am on this forum.
Your statment was excellent.
Best regards

Originally Posted by B737SFP
Hi AGR98...

Brazilian here too, but as I believe all posts here in this forum must be in english, I'll stick to it.

Recently I had to turn down an Offer in one of the big 3 in the ME. I can tell you that I don't regret about my choice so far.

First of all, take a plane and go there to know the place ! There's no free lunch I can tell you upfront. Things here in Brazil are really going south, but this is our country and even with some disagreeing from my point of view, we have rights here, not to say that this is the place where our family and friends are.

You gotta agree that there were some recent changes in our regulations for the better (You probably have read the last collective agreement between pilots and companies, right ?) and we're a few miles of changing our professional law, which will definitely improve our quality of life and reduce the fatigue.

I know that the money is getting shorter and shorter, that the upscaling violence and countless political scandals are getting on our nerves and everything else, but, for me, this wasn't enough for making this move.

REMEMBER: for us here, in brazil, this is kind of a path without return. I don't know your position, but if you're a FO, and decide to go back, you will struggle to become a captain here one day after losing your number on the list. If you're a captain, you know pretty well that you better forget about flying in one of the major companies in that seat again. Things change and have changed, that's right, but I don't see any great movement in the foreseeable future that would create a different scenario. One thing is to leave jobless, and another completely different thing is to quit your job here and move elsewhere.

For me, knowing that I would have to stay abroad for the next 25 yrs or so was really tough. I hated to say no for such a great opportunity in my career, but this was a personal choice. I know I'll never be the professional that I would if I had chosen to go to the ME, but life is made of choices right ? I did mine for the next few years.

One thing else: don't think only about the good salaries paid in the ME. Many of the guys here on pprune say that they can't save all that much. You will earn big money, but you also will have to spend some good money to make your life worth there.

By the way, I'm not in the mood to look over this text for mistakes, so, please, excuse any language errors. If a coffee here in Guarulhos would pay for them, it's on me, ok ?

All the best...