PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 7th Nov 2015, 22:55
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
SID. Answer your own question. Picking on me because you can't accept the conclusions in the AAIB report is lamentable.

Give it And grow up a bit. It's a big bad world and sometimes things go wrong. If you keep bleating on about the aircraft etc STOP FLYING IT,
Where have I said anything that could even hint at me not accepting the AAIB report? What a ridiculous accusation to make. In addition to that slur, when have I ever said that I am unhappy in flying the aircraft? Again a ridiculous accusation to make.

I can assure you, that if I was unhappy, I wouldn't fly. Anyone that actually knows me and knows the events immediately post crash, will verify this.

Both of your accusations are made with absolutely nothing to back them up and should you actually take the time to read what people at posting here, you would realise the folly of your mistaken accusations.

Based on your wrong answer to my question, you clearly haven't bothered to read the report. Where on Earth did you get your answer from?

There is a great difference between cruise speed and endurance speed, a difference of 55 kts in fact. This also results in a fuel consumption difference of 30 kg/hr, hence endurance. The company policy in force at the time of the incident is that "aircraft should not led with less than 60kg of fuel in the tanks."

Just to give you a little more information, last night we briefed that the fuel load would give us 1:40 flying time. While returning to base after 1:20 of 'transit to' type tasks, orbity type tasks and pursuit type tasks, we still had another 100kg/30 mins fuel left in the main tank. Both supply tanks were indicating full, however in transits they did reduce.

What is wrong here?
Should I accept a local task if it comes in before we land, or should I ground the ac and report a fuel system problem?

With those facts now available to you, read the bit in the report about NWEM on page 53 and come back to us in reference to SPAO .... not forgetting that the company policy was that "fuel checks were to be carried out at intervals of not less than 10 minutes. "

Oh, and please try to be a bit nicer to those trying to clear the many murky waters here, we need to support the facts, and not the fiction.