PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 7th Nov 2015, 19:15
DIBO

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've read here several video professionals/analysts discarding the video as a fake, unfortunately without sharing any analytical material/proof.
With absolutely no knowledge on the subject and very basic tools, I made this crude composition image after a frame-by-frame analysis. These are the first 6 second of the 'event'. What strikes me, if it is supposed to be a fake:
- it's a twin-underwing engined ac (so no old DC9 footage, nor a four engined plane as was stated by some)
- why went they through so much trouble creating shockwave effects, prior to the fireball, that nobody notices anyway. Difficult to see on these stills, but the first downward and directly following upper left/right 'shockwaves' resemble a fighter approaching/going supersonic
- if it's a fake why went they through the sudden colour change from blue-ish to purple-ish (which has no added value while creating the fake)
- the fireball is build up very progressively but consistent and separates in the smoke trail in a very believable fashion.
- if this was created in some game/simulation software, this must have been a pretty realistic simulation tool (shockwave/fireball wise), on which they went through a lot of trouble adding 'poor-quality' effects, heavy shaking, etc.
- and they did it twice, the first part of the video is rather close in-line with the flightpath, the second part (not included here) is more offset to the left (by 20-ish degrees) and at a flatter angle (farther away).
- if it's a fake, I rather would expect it to come from well equipped youngster with a lot time to waste on it, rather than the 'real' bas...ds which are actually in a conflict/war zone.

As a totally unqualified person, I have a rather bad (= 'real') feeling with this footage being made using consumer/smartphone quality devices, maybe 'upgraded' by some pop-on optical zoom-lens for smartphones. And without much video/special effects editing, only too much digital zoom. But I hope I'm wrong and that it's just some despicable video(game) crafting.