PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terms and Endearment
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2015, 15:25
OhNoCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking similar things recently.

I do think some of the targeted attacks on certain airlines should be reigned in - and I think the ones that spring to my mind are the same ones that has brought Chesty to make this topic. Now I'm not saying that bad things shouldn't be said about an airline - but it should at least attempt to be kept informative to people who are browsing for information or discussion, and not descend into constant over the top negativity and hatred, whilst calling anyone who has anything positive to say 'naive', 'trolls' or 'management'.

By all means let everyone know the bad points, but allow it to be your own opinion and not forced upon everyone else - sometimes by people who admit to not having worked for the outfit.

There will always be negativity from within and it occurred to me recently, as someone who has recently been looking for employment in the UK that you get told the following:

BA - Time to command, low morale, bidline dead, balpa useless etc
Easyjet - some awful contracts, instability at times, freezes etc
Ryanair - It's FR why would you, contracts, pay, company attitude etc
Jet2 - Roster disruption, old airplanes, company attitude, low morale etc
Thomson - PPY50, pension, time to command, bonding etc
Norwegian - Forced leave, pay, conditions, contracts etc

You probably get the gist.

For each airline you look at you will be called a fool for looking at it and at the same time be called a fool for being where you currently are.