PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 7th Nov 2015, 14:58
anartificialhorizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The press conference descended into farce with a questionnaire shouting at the chief about why the statement was not read out in Arabic.

This sums up what is wrong with the world and the region in particular.

Don't they realise that everyone that died on that plane was foreign? Do they not realise that SES is completely dependent on tourism and that this is a story of worldwide interest. They are making idiots of themselves shouting why is this not in Arabic!

I have first hand experience of working with the Egyptian authorities and I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about their capability, their openness and their independence from government influence. The fact that he said " his people were waiting for him" and he couldn't take more questions is an example that they cannot just be straight and only speak in rhymes. Why not just say, that is it and I am not going to answer more questions.....He is the head investigator after all!!!!

Deliberate act, no doubt, from day one. Either an event carried out by someone onboard or a device planted. Let's ignore the stupid, amatuar video posted by IS and concentrate on the event itself.