PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weston/NFC, Dublin for PPL+: Opinions please?
Old 4th Jul 2003, 04:21
VORTIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extract

Extract from a previous post I made expressing my opinion:

Avoid like the plague. They are the most unprofessional outfit run by the (in my opinion) the most ignorant person I have personally ever met. It is difficult at the best of times to find a good training organisation (I found NAC superb by compassion, albeit most are...).

Things have changed recently, but if I were you, pack your bags and buy some cheap dollars.
Your questions
state of aircraft - very surprised they are airworthy. There was always a problem, including one day with no vacuum, one radio out, transponder "that never worked" and flaps not working. With the knowledge I have now, I won't even feel safe in them - just take a look!

availability of aircraft - I had to book ahead weeks in advance always. Then the juggle you between instructors and aircraft and by the time you arrive, neither are available as "regulars" have tip-ex'd over your slot. I became a regular and they even did it for me - so trust me it does happen.

quality of training/ground school etc - most intructors don't like giving grounds school. The "part-time" weekenders are much better - they do it because they enjoy flying. The rest just want to clock hours - nothing more.

Any comments would be much appreciated.
Things may have changed and by all accounts, visit the field and see for yourself. I wish it was better, I really do - but have no positive comments at present - and more experience there than I wish to remember.

VT

Read this before training there:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...&highlight=NFC