PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 7th Nov 2015, 12:32
Jet Jockey A4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@ MrSnuggles...

Quote:

Selon la source citée par l'Agence France-Presse, les photos des débris montrent que certains sont criblés d'impacts allant de l'intérieur vers l'extérieur de l'appareil, « ce qui accrédite plutôt la thèse d'un engin pyrotechnique ».

My translation:
The source* cited by AFP expressed that the photos of debris had certain impact damages on the interior versus the exterior of the airframe << that very well could credit the hypothesis of a pyrotechnic event** >>.

*in context, this source seems to be the same source cited earlier, I made a translation of that a few pages ago.

**engin can mean both "engine" and "method by which something is driven/propulsed in the wanted direction"

Your wording is not totally correct in its translation. I will try to be a bit more precise in my wording...

débris montrent que certains sont sont criblés d'impacts allant de l'intérieur vers l'extérieur de l'appareil,
My translation... "debris show that some are riddled with impacts going from the interior to the exterior of the aircraft"