PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 7th Nov 2015, 12:22
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still missing - update 6

Ahead of a long awaited and probably due Egyptian press conference:

Still missing the THS, centerbox of vertical stab, any part of the rudder, 3 cargo doors, some pax doors, a number of fuselage panels (windows), ... and that's only talking about the 'outside' and only about the major components. Even when accepting that a significant part of the fuselage has been destroyed by impact and subsequent fire.

Till now, as far as i have seen, zero CLEAR evidence of any intentional explosion or exploding device. Good evidence would require far better pictures. And real evidence would go down to the micro level.

There is a big difference between a loud sound and an explosion. And explosions can be, amongst others, classed as structural (failures related) and bombs (or missiles or explosives or ...).
Good evidence requires a real description or soundfile of the sound. And real evidence requires spectral analysis.

So how anybody can think, at this stage, with that lack of evidence, and lack of information, that everything is solved is beyond me. There will be serious questions even after the press conference today, after a preliminary report and even after the final report. As far as i know, cases are never fully closed (ref for example the 737 rudder cases). Airplanes and the aerospace system are complex, there are no single and easy answers. We are looking for a chain of events with multiple elements and a lot of possible interaction or single action relations.

Hope for a good and clear press conference. Including information how the investigation will proceed. And if the prio becomes a criminal one, some information on how the safety one will be handled.
+++
With the present state of the CVR (SSMCVR) and FDR (...) - it would be very interesting to hear something about the condition of the QAR, maintenance recorders and the like. From the few pictures that we have the racks and boxes looked rather good.

Last edited by A0283; 7th Nov 2015 at 13:07. Reason: +++