PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA capt BA8079 20 jun 03
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2003, 03:58
apioca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel BA capt BA8079 20 jun 03

Together with my partner I had the pleasure to fly onboard BA8079 LGW NCL on 20th jun 03.

The captain (Mr McRolie??) made the impossible possible: By making a very witty introduction as the plane left the gate, he made everyone watch the safetybriefing preformed by a cabincrew who were in stiches!

A couple of quotes:
"Ladies and Gentlemen in the cabin tonite we have two wee bonny lasses and to nearly as bonny lads. In a few minutes you will see them standing in the ailes. They are not doing their mimeact because the are trying to improve their chances of getting into acting school - but are doing it in order for you to be fully informed about the safetyprocedures onboard this aircraft - so pay attention!"

".......once the seatbelt sign has been turned off - you are allowed to release you belt, however I do recomend that you keep it fastened, as it wastly improves the chance that your seat and your bum reaches the same place at the same time, in the unlikely event of turbulence......."

Very unorthodox, but it worked - and livened up an othervise very ordinary flight.

A captain like that - makes one want to fly BA again.

Captain if you read this: Keep up the good work!