PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most unusual application for a helicopter?
Old 7th Nov 2015, 05:21
WG99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most unusual application for a helicopter?

Followed a Bridge to Bridge water-ski race chartered by two mothers watching their sons compete, lot of fun winding along the Hawksbury River bends ... felt like we were on skis, too.

About 29 Santa Claus deliveries, all different and all hazardous with pepped-up dress-ups exiting and heaving their Santa sack up over their shoulder, threatening the rotor blades. Their over-sized gumboots a problem in the cockpit, too.

Cross-country charter New Year's Eve with my large male passenger drinking a six pack of beer, one by one tossed the empties out the window.

Joyrider (disabled heavy set young man) threw a punch at my jaw, knocking off my headset. His "carer" was seated by the window for safety but I copped the blow. Very short flight.

Filming a disabled swimmer on a marathon swim from Sydney to Wollongong; he had only one leg and one arm.

Filmed the HMAS Ovens (submarine) off the Sydney coast, surfacing for a Join the Navy brochure. Difficult to see the coast on return flight.

Gas pipeline regular inspections, low level CBD Sydney with street directory flight path on lap. Still have the street directory showing the underground pipeline location.

Parachute drops.