PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Helicopter pilots.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2015, 04:45
WG99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Rotary Nostalia Thread

To Senior Pilot No. 2531:
Thank you for responding to my concerns.

These posts were recently drawn to my attention, mentioning my personal life and rising doubt as to my achievement of 1st woman helicopter pilot in Australia due to similar names, yet careers 20yrs apart. This was to do with a nomination for a high award which needed verification. Doubt lingers now, sticking like mud.

Some comments were only 12months old, not so long in people's memories and made by strangers who claimed the right to state such "facts" 50years after the event when they were not even residents in Australia. Hearsay.

Re display of hatred towards women ... I ask that you get your mother, sister, wife or daughter to read the thread "Oh dear Beware" and get their reactions to having a "prospective student" discussed in such a manner. The colour "pink" appears to be a red rag to these men. Female anatomy is ridiculed and a motorist misdemeanor video is posted. Relevant? Hatred towards women? Inappropriate comments aimed at a student female pilot whose high-profile could have brought increased growth to the helicopter industry (I have no knowledge of this media TV UK personality).

My name was drawn into it, having worn pink ... no my helicopter was not pink but had pink floral artwork externally, as was the hippie era in the 70s and most attractive to the joyride circuit. The upholstery matched my fuel-truck Mini Moke. All these comments are completely outside the realm of your forum for genuine aviation matters. Why should they care; I paid for it.

If this is not a dummy-spit at women's intrusion into the rotary-wing field then I can find no other reason for such expressions of unprovoked hostility. It could not be interpreted as supportive to a "prospective student" whoever she is and whatever pink vehicle she drives in whatever manner.

As for Nigel Osborn's reply and voluntary comments to the photo question, he made no denial but augmented the query by stating personal "hearsay" not based on personal friendship as he indicated. I remain offended.