PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Helicopter pilots.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2015, 03:12
Senior Pilot
Chief Bottle Washer

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts
WG99,

It is not easy dealing with your concerns when the posts and threads referred to are 2-3 years old, and in one case the link around which the thread is based is no longer active. I also have no record of hearing from you with a previous complaint, maybe it went via a generic report to the site admin rather than to the forum moderators?

Firstly, if you are offended by Rotorheads and posts then I regret that you feel that way, but mysogyny is the hatred of women and something totally absent from this forum. I have never seen any mysogynistic post here on Rotorheads in my time on PPRuNe; indeed most (all?) of us blokes have a deep and abiding love of the fairer sex!

If you feel that some posts have been untoward then please report them and I'll deal with the report, but I am having difficulty finding some of the comments that you attribute to Nigel, even allowing that your first reference was to a post made by Savoia who no longer visits this site: not Nigel, who then responded with compliments on your achievements and your beauty. At least two of the references that you also make were made by topendtorque, and were also in a later post which was complimentary of you and your achievements.

We have always welcomed helicopter pilots from around the world of many nationalities and their gender has always been an irrelevance: all are equal here. Within reason a degree of banter is good for any community, and only when it becomes overtly insulting would there be need for moderation. If you will report the post(s) that have offended you and the reason(s) then such reports will be acted upon, but please accept that no-one here has ever shown hatred of women such as you imply.

I have moved this discussion out of The Rotary Nostalgia thread into Female Helicopter Pilots, as a more appropriate location.