PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 6th Nov 2015, 21:17
Etud_lAvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Configuration

Some questions have arisen here concerning the seating layout, etc. (e.g., was row 9 an exit row?)

I have been especially curious about the aft layout, because it seems that among jets in the A320 family some operators have no lavatories at the rear, some have 2, some have numerous, and so on.

This is purported to be the layout of the lost Metrojet (see NOTE below!):

It comes from this article giving the passenger manifest, in the Saint Petersburg edition of Komsomol'skaya Pravda.

As to why I have been curious about the cabin configuration ... like others on this thread, I felt that visual condition of the upper interior panel of the aft-most right-hand exit door is strongly suggestive of pitting caused small irregular projectiles at extreme high velocity, as may result from a high-explosive blast.

Assuming such fragments to travel in nearly straight lines, the cabin geometry would determine the range of locations at which an explosion could have caused the apparent pitting.

On the basis of the cabin configuration shown above, it would seem that if the pitting were indeed caused by an explosion, then that explosion must have occurred in the galley area, or one of the aft-most lavatories.

NOTE: Kulverstukas has since posted that the diagram above shows the cabin configuration for a different Russian airline, NOT Metrojet. He also reports that someone who recently flew Metrojet told him that there are only two aft lavatories, whereas the diagram shows three. Despite some searching, I sill haven't found such a diagram known to accurately represent the lost Airbus.

Last edited by Etud_lAvia; 7th Nov 2015 at 21:58. Reason: Added note: Reportedly incorrect diagram