PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qualified, with no-where to go - Last call for my career
Old 6th Nov 2015, 20:16
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plus you're thinking of joining an industry where the merest ill wind blows (economic/geopolitical or otherwise) and the entire industry is goosed. Look at the current ISIS situation with the Metrojet A321 in Sharm. If it is confirmed it's an ISIS bombing then all bets are off as regards to the current favourable job market.

If they successfully manage to bring another one down (certainly not out of the realms of possibility or imagination given that there are large areas of the world with gaping holes in security) then quite frankly it's game over for this industry for another ten years at least.

This industry is so precarious that make sure you carefully think if you really want to be exposing your entire economic well being and peace of mind to it year upon year?

(I mean absolutely no disrespect to the victims - God rest their souls - by saying this but in some ways it's a relief that it was "just" a Russian charter airline that got hit because had it been easyJet or BA the job adverts on this website would be pulled overnight and the current recruiting climate gone in an instant. Not meaning this to trivialise the lives lost just to point out the obvious possibilities had it been closer to home. And as I said this will happen if another one goes down, regardless of the operator).

Last edited by RexBanner; 6th Nov 2015 at 21:35.