PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 6th Nov 2015, 19:57
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True

Originally Posted by sopwithnz
@ILS27LEFT

I have not seen more than one video -- I think it's only one but with differently edited versions and presentations.

But I did see the original statement of claim published by the local Sinai-based sub group of Isis/Daesh who claimed responsibility very swiftly after the crash within the first 24 hours.

One extra detail that chilled me was the Arabic date on the 'claiming presentation' -- it was the group's assertion it 'brought down' the plane on the first anniversary of the Sinai group's signed allegiance to Isis/Daesh.

Makes it less than random.

Trying to find the link but not so easy now .. brb.
Totally agree, I do not believe in so many coincidences. They were very quick in releasing the video but also nobody can confirm that video is fake. It looks like the correct aircraft, the applicable weather and altitude, too many coincidences...it might be genuine but why no official comments on it yet. I have not seen any official statement that declares the video as fake except meaningless YouTube users comments. If this video was stolen or recycled from another incident we would know by now. It looks genuine to me and even if I cannot conduct an in depth analysis of the file itself I doubt that the terrorists could get so many facts so perfectly right as aircraft type, weather, altitude, location of explosion and so on. I simply do not believe in so many coincidences, these terrorists would be really very knowledgeable if the video is fake. You then see the recent intelligence news, you watch the video again and...no need to say more really. What else do we need to see to understand that it was in fact a bomb? Nothing really.
P.S. for user above ...The video is not the DC9 but the correct aircraft type I am afraid. Very clear.
https://youtu.be/xW9lUPLQag8
I agree that video quality is bad and it looks like a typical fake but due to the fact that too many technical details are perfectly correct ( e.g. aircraft type, altitude, location of explosion, weather, etc) I have to now trust this video. If fake the authors knew absolutely everything about this incident before all of us which is basically impossible e.g. the burnt bodies sitting at the rear indicate explosion located at the rear and so on.

Last edited by ILS27LEFT; 6th Nov 2015 at 20:15.