PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 6th Nov 2015, 16:06
AVR4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be interesting if everyone who is convinced about a bomb could share their thoughts on the following:

1. The damaged vertical stabilizer.
2. The detached horizontal stabilizers.
3. The 25 seconds of FR24 data transmitted after the event.
4. The damages to the tail section with separated APU compartment.

I have a hard time to see how the tail section can be so damaged if a bomb detached it. Earlier bombings such as the destruction of a JAT DC-9 clearly shows that a tail section remains more or less intact if it separates due to an explosion in the cabin or cargo hold.

The damages to the tail is a strong indicator that something happened there and until images prove otherwise, the rear pressure bulkhead and/or stabilizer assembly continues to create questions.

A detached tail section (if we assume the fuselage broke apart behind the wings and in front of the rear cabin doors) would fall more or less in one piece with the stabilizers still attached.

It is also worth to mention the simple fact that different groups has been claiming responsibility for bombs even if the cause is something else. If there is an official statement from the investigation team about damages caused by a bomb blast, then there is little doubt but I have a strong suspicion that bomb speculations are a diversion from the true cause of the accident.

Edit: It is normal that a "bang" is heard on the CVR and I wouldn't pay too much attention to "breaking news" unless there is press conference with the investigative team where it is stated without a doubt that "analysis of the sound on the CVR confirm that it was an explosion rather than structural failure".

Last edited by AVR4000; 6th Nov 2015 at 16:19.