PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skyuber... or how is this even legal in EASA land?
Old 6th Nov 2015, 14:15
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This idea may have legs, I just registered on their site and the featured flight of the week is some guy with a PPL IR flying from Cambridge to Biggin Hill with the shared costs at 63 euros. If I was in the market to just get in the air and have a plane ride and didn't want to faff about with booking in, pre-flighting, checking weather or the FBO/Flight school kerfuffle this would be the way go. You can look at the pilots license, medical, aircraft ownership and insurance documents right on the site and run a G info or N reg search for added verification. Show up 5 minutes before the engine gets fired up, climb in and get comfy and your off. Upon landing its jump out and wave goodbye, no farting around securing, tidying , pushing back in the hangar or feigning interest while some prat dressed like a South American dictator gives a long winded debriefing followed by the pesky logs and maintenance squawks paperwork, leave it all to Mr Uber Pilot and head off for a pint. .

Would be really good for overseas pilots on holiday here that just wanted to go for a buzz around without the hassle of getting checked out, learning the airspace or getting renters insurance. In the extremely unlikely situation where the pilot turned out to be an dip**** you could always give him the old "I have control" routine and land safely then give him a **** review on the site so others don't use him just like you do on Uber cabs.

Last edited by piperboy84; 6th Nov 2015 at 14:27.