PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 6th Nov 2015, 12:22
Blake777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very few photos of the seats are available, with good reason. No doubt many are burnt/destroyed, or in distressing condition. However, there are a few around.

I am posting the pic below, reported to be from the cabin rear. Please note that out of respect I have changed the colouring to black and white, which makes it harder to study.

There are definite shrapnel holes passing through the seat on the right of the picture. I will leave you all to surmise whether from front, back, or both directions - my observation is that at least some have gone through from the rear of the seat. This backs up reports that passengers to the rear of the cabin were "peppered with shrapnel".

Proof of nothing on its own as this may have resulted from either disintegration of the airframe or from explosive device. The salient point is that investigators will no doubt have many more seats for examination which will assist with pointing to an explosive device or otherwise. Most of the seats have been unavailable to the press to photograph. On top of any other evidence, this, along with the condition of those autopsied, combines with the airframe damage and any terrorist communication chatter picked up to suggest that the cause is no doubt reasonably clear to investigators already.

I therefore view the apparent "hysteria" over flights over Sinai and transport of luggage or passengers in and out of Sharm as well founded. Still only "looks like a duck", and obviously my opinion only.

https://flic.kr/ps/35XV77