PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 6th Nov 2015, 11:08
8Pieced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORs

For those pedantic personnel on this forum, I probably should have said that I wished I had submitted a Voluntary MOR. A MOR would be any incident which endangers or which if not corrected, would endanger an aircraft, its occupants or any other person. So in my case, my correctly functioning fuel system gave me a flashing FUEL caution, which I acknowledged, saw that my supply tanks had lowered, then looked at my switches and switched them on, nothing dangerous there. I had cautions and indications which validated that something was wrong and thus I corrected it.

However, had I the knowledge that GXMII had suffered a similar fault to GNWEM (which I am shocked at!!!) and (I believe GSPAO had) then I would have been within my rights to submit a MOR, as now my situation with 2 transfer pumps off, would go dangerously unnoticed. SO, please submit a voluntary MOR whenever you have any doubt about something - the experts will sift it and link it together because they may have seen other reported events - I did not.
I'm really surprised that the result of GXMII didn't result in INs distributed to the whole community and the changing of the wording of the fuel cautions. Its worrying to conclude then, that it might have only been GNWEM, combined with the accident that caused such action to be carried out.
Anyway, is there anyone else who believes that the flight tests could have been more thorough? 200kgs, similar CofG, what attitude for a F PUMP FWD?