PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 6th Nov 2015, 08:31
CosmoBeauregard

I have never subscribed to the Bomb theory.

I see enough similarity between this accident flight (KGL9268) and AirAsia Flight QZ8501 of last year that it’s difficult not to naturally link the two. My initial thoughts of KGL9268 were the virtually the same that I had with QZ8501. Essentially my theory is the Aft Fuselage section of the aircraft along with the Aft Pressure Bulkhead and entire empennage separated from the aircraft. Had this occurred, the differences between a bomb detonation compared to the explosion of an Aft Pressure Bulkhead failing would be very similar as far as damage is concerned. In fact so much so that the only telling tale would be the lack of explosive residue.
I am a recent reluctant convert to the Tail Strike damage or possible Re-damage theory. Why? If you take a straight edge along the bottom of the main tires, allow for strut decompression and finally lay the other edge along the aft lower fuselage you will contact fuselage at the new aft fuselage separation point. QZ8501 had a huge number of great photos of the aft Bulkhead area. Im still convinced the Aft Bulkhead let go on that one as well.