PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 5th Nov 2015, 17:06
PaxOnly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad maintenance rumors

source: http://theaviationist.com/2015/11/02...etrojet-crash/
Petrovic Dusan • 2 days ago
As I lived & traveled in Russia, I was again and again warnexe by close russian friends never to fly with Russian air-companies, due to safety issues, even in Aeroflot (which I find excessive, and I use Aeroflot often).
However, in forums in Russian, ex employees of Metrojet have terrible story about "Julia" ( this is how they named the Airbus 321 that crashed),and how scared they all were for last 6months flying it.
Nobody received salary for last 2 months,except about 20€ (twenty) in August.
In spring "Julia" returned back to the airport from which it started the trip due to safety issue.
Many things inside did not work well, (toilets flushed themselves, de-hermeticasation (?i can't translate the term) alarms turned of and on.
Because of ruble descend (from 40 for 1€ to 80 for 1€)air travel became expensive, and people were ready to risk; in the same time,air companies had less and less profit, so....it was the road to disaster.
With previous occurrences of air accidents in Russia in mind, I guess this was the reason, not Isis

Last edited by PaxOnly; 5th Nov 2015 at 20:14.