PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Square one?
Thread: Square one?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2003, 23:51
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As simple as my reply may seem there is a lot of truth in the following statement.

“Be at the right place at the right time and know the right people.”

Ok, now for some real actions you need to take to break into corporate aviation.

1. If you are not in an area with a lot of corporate aviation activity, move to such an area.
2. Keep flying in any position to increase your flying time, instructing, traffic watch, sky diving aircraft, etc.
3. Socialize with corporate pilots, but don’t make a pest out of yourself.
4. Starting applying for co-pilot (FO) positions with charter operators (charter is usually the best way to build the type of flying time that corporate operators look for).
5. Apply to all of the small feeder airlines that there are in the country, hey you could get lucky.
6. I don’t know how old you are, but if still in your 20s continue your education and receive at least a 4 years college degree (it doesn’t matter in what field, mine’s history).
7. Just remember as in real estate location is everything, being in an area of high corporate flying activity will increase your chances significantly.

Now one last word of advice, never, ever, never offer to fly for free to build up your time and experience.

Good luck to you and I wish you well.