PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh, they wouldn't......would they?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2015, 09:37
Duchess_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pedant mode .... Signal, surely, not ships....

I could not resist and he continued thus: 'The incident occurred during the battle of Copenhagen when I was in a strong position and knew I had to continue the attack. My signals officer, Lt Foley, drew my attention to a signal from my Commander in Chief, Sir Hyde Parker, which read, 'discontinue the action.' Well, Lock, would you stop when all the advantages were with you? No, of course not. So I said to my Signal Lieutenant: 'You know, Foley, I have only one eye. I have a right to be blind sometimes'. So I put the telescope to my right eye and said, to him, 'I really do not see the signal'.
So many things wrong with the video....if you had 'burst' the action, why not just post the whole sequence raw, rather than crude edit? Especially with such a 'hot' topic!

And knowing the CAA, yes they would. Regardless of whether it was the types last flight or the pilot retiring the CAA are in a difficult position as they cannot now turn a 'blind eye' for fear of others following in footsteps in the future.