PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic MPL Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2015, 07:27
juniour jetset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you gotta be in it to win it!

I tried last year and got to Dibden, and learnt alot about the whole experience and feel I would have an even better shot this year (although my age could be an issue??) Passed all of Dibden except the interview and feel I was only off on a couple of aspects.

But I won't be applying - sadly this opportunity has come a little too late in life for me as I will be 40 in a couple of months and I have a two year old boy which I don't want to grow up with his dad missing half of the time for the formative years. His mummy is already long-haul cabin crew, so can't do this to him any more.

If only this programme had started in 2004 and not 2014. Timing is everything in life. But nonetheless I commend Virgin/CTC on this great programme and career route.

Good luck to all involved - probably the best 0-RHS aviation opportunity out there!

(I'll take comfort in that at least the flight sims on the new 50 inch 4k monitors are pretty slick - so can live the synthetic dream at home - plus my son can be in the cockpit at the same time!)

Last edited by juniour jetset; 5th Nov 2015 at 07:39.