PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 5th Nov 2015, 00:44
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major components still missing - update4

@Ian W - agree with you. If it was a bomb there is still no (clear) evidence of that in the videos and pictures i have found in the public domain till now. If a pprune would have found them, i think we would learn about that pretty fast.

Still "missing" (in my definition) the THS centerbox and the other half of the THS. And the rudder. Perhaps part of the (top of the) centerbox is pushed upward in the tailcone, but no explicit pictures of that. If so, it would suggest that both THS halves broke away flush with the skin.

Also still missing clear "evidence" (my definition) of a number of skin panels and the three cargo doors. When you talk about explosions, you would certainly like to know more about them. There are some other specific points that you would direct a person on site to, to look at... but alas, we are not in that position... expect the investigators to check these points.

We do not have the full set of pax doors. In my definition at least three missing.

There are a number of breaks in the fuselage wreckage that are along what i am used to call "production breaks" (discussed that on pprune during the AirAsia search). The breaks are quite 'clean'. If you are talking about intentional explosions, you would expect more 'ragged edges'.

+++

Would still be interesting to get some more close up photos of avionics boxes in the MEC.