PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2015, 20:02
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"WINDBAG NEWS" see GrahamBradyMP

Of far more importance to the good folk of Manchester than events at Birmingham is the continued flag waving for Heathrow by Graham Brady MP The Honourable Member for Sale. Gtr Manchester.

His support for Heathrow is becoming somewhat evangelical , fine if you have a view, but let's not spend every waking hour trumpeting this at the expense of local issues which quite frankly are of more interest to his constituents, than a possible multi billion pound taxpayer spend at an airport 200 miles away, which has no relevance to the local populace up here.
Sounds like a thoroughly sensible man, looking at the big picture and to the long term, could do with a few more like him......

Maybe you think he is anti-Ringway just because he supports Heathrow expansion, if so it's a very binary way of looking at things.

PK is also forgetting the £350m yes that's £350m being thrown at the HS2 HQ at the rather underwhelmingly named "Digbeth"is he not !
Now that really IS public money down the drain - HS2.

All that will achieve will be to suck even more economic activity towards London in a very expensive way. What's the point in that happening and where is the need?

Bizarrely, I reckon most don't even work at the airport and I'd wager not even in aviation at all.
Guilty as charged, don't work on the airport at Ringway.

It doesn't stop me thinking that it is sensible to develop its role as the UK's second airport, nor does it stop me thinking that it is sensible for Heathrow to be expanded as soon as possible to maintain its role as the UK's hub and to keep its position as a major world airport. It's common sense.

By the way, who are the 4 or 5 contributors on here who have multiple ID's?
Not me gov, there's only one Fairdealfrank, and that's more than enough thankyou!

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 4th Nov 2015 at 20:19.