PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 4th Nov 2015, 19:10
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have thought time to call it a day on which bit came off when and how and why and what was turning and when it stopped and why. Could there now be much doubt and speculation left as to how this aircraft fell out of a clear blue sky.

No government takes a decision to suspend flights to such a popular destination lightly. There must be more than good reason for such a decision. The first admission of responsibility by ISIS was not accepted by Egypt, now after the second one and with more evidence having been examined by those in the know, how could the threat be ignored. The target must have been the Egyptian economy and its government. Naturally they wish to protect it. Our government must protect the lives of our citizens. In suspending all flights they have done precisely that.

I don`t know how many tourists of many different nationalities may be stuck there currently, but it sure looks a tough one to get them out of there quickly and bring them home safely. It looks like a busy week ahead to juggle all schedules in some semblance of order.

I wait to hear the outcome of the Cobra meeting, under way now.