PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2015, 19:10
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North West -

If you genuinely want to see what nonsense looks like, take a glance at Mr Kehoe's twitter account. When an executive of airport CEO stature posts slurs about the business practices of his competitors he makes himself fair game for public commentary on an industry forum such as this.

As an example, you may notice that he writes 'Northern Powerhouse' as 'Northern Po'rhouse' (more than one example of this). Obviously, he must consider the joke to lie in the implied pronunciation, because in order to type this "abbreviation" it is necessary to access a second keyboard page to select the apostrophe on many mobile devices. I'm tempted to say 'most' but I don't have them all to check. And this saves typing just one extra character which would be located on the first page of the virtual keyboard amongst the other 25 letters of the alphabet. Now this is an example of minor consequence in itself, but it is indicative of the mindset of a man who is holding the position of CEO at a major UK airport. His pettiness and public allegations of underhand tactics by businesses which compete closely with his own is embarrassing. Would you consider a 'loose cannon' CEO an asset in any business you are associated with? And don't point to BHX's success in attracting new airlines to the airport - the credit for that belongs firmly to William Pearson and his team. It seems that WP is doing the real work whilst PK behaves like a pantomime dame to attract questionable media attention.

Mr Kehoe's childish tweets which directly and publicly challenge MAN's business practices are fair game for discussion on the Manchester Airport thread.

By the way, who are the 4 or 5 contributors on here who have multiple ID's? Please spill the beans. And how did you establish the truth in all this? Or should we wager that you speak with forked tongue ... or type with forked fingers? Something like that anyway! ;-)

By the way, if you count myself amongst those who support Manchester Airport in the manner of a football fan, maybe you should read my comments concerning MAN's notorious 'NO DIVS' NOTAM policy posted over recent days. Praise only when it is warranted, offer constructive criticism when it is called for.