PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2015, 16:47
nwoody2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, he is not playing the same game at all.

What Mr Kehoe is doing, is playing the dirty game of disparaging your competitors with slurs and infactual rantings.

Mr Kehoe has accused MAN of 'prostituting itself to get in airlines', insinuated MAN is only where it is through incentives, the BHX has the stronger catchement but MAN has the deeper pockets and that it gets unfair government loans to win over air services. All of which are wrong.

When was the last time you saw Ken O'Toole or the Cornishes state 'BHX only gets routes through pay offs' or other similar slurs. I certainly can't remember a time?

Im open to be corrected but I don't remember PK saying MAN 'prostituting itself to get in airlines', all I remember was his tweets about "£12m from the gov to get a northern power route going' and him saying that 'MAG has deeper pockets than us'

Now granted I am going to be biased but whether you like them or not, seem them as slures or attacks are another, but if they are facts then what do you expect him to say. We will never know if the £12m quote is a fact, but one fact we can say is that I suspect MAG does have much deeper pockets than BHX, and as such, are likely to be able to offer greater incentives or reduced fees as such.

Like him or loath him, PK and his team have worked wonders for BHX over the last 18 months, with more growth than the airport has seen over the last few months in its history. BHX has 10 new airlines, has attracted all 5 of the European 'Big 5' Loco's, and has put BHX on a pedestal its has never afforded before. To call him an embarrasement is far from the truth I my eyes...