PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP Renewal Cost to the CAA
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2015, 10:36
Meldrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,
Just to add my two penny worth to the above.
In april this year I went through the process of revalidation and conversion to EASA licence.
I had A UK lifetime PPL issued in 1971. I ceased active flying in 1999 and my two year validity therefore expired around 2001.
I undertook revalidation training in April this year, passed a proficiency check, and, with all boxes ticked, sent the Examiner validated paperwork off to Gatwick with a cheque for £78, which is what the website suggested was the appropriate fee to include courier delivery
After a period if some weeks, i enquired as to the delay on the phone. I was told to pay an additional £80. I forget the reason .
I duly paid over the phone, anxious to expedite return of the license. I later received a refund notice for the £80. However, I never received this refund. I queried again on the phone, and to cut the story shirt, was told that this was an error and that the total of £158 paid was correct. I began to lose the will to live as they explained the reasons . I have let the matter drop as "life's too short"
I still di not understand the charges. I was not adding any additional ratings, purely revalidationg a UK lifetime PPL (SEP land) and conversion to an EASA license. Any explanation from someone out there would be enlightening!!