PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2015, 08:38
ATNotts

Received 299 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
I also notice the Birmingham Post has the tag line 'Birmingham to get the first scheduled flights to China in the UK from a non-London airport, 2 months before Manchester gets them'.

Further down the page, the newspaper then picks up on its own incorrect tag to say 'the flights will be charter flights to begin with'.

Soooooo, not the first scheduled flights at all then, even by their own admission in the very same article. Just a slight fail there!
I think that was obvious from the start, you're not going to pick up much business traffic on a weekly service - and I read on another site that the airline has close ties with CAISSA, the tour operator running the BHX charters. I believe their Copenhagen operation is also a quasi scheduled service, operated mostly for CAISSA passengers.

Paul Kehoe / the Birmingham Post was perhaps, charitably, carried away by his / their own enthusiasm, or, less charitably, not willing to let the truth get in the way of a good story!! (as is the way with corporate communications these days).

Personally, I couldn't care either way, any dilution of air traffic away from London is OK by me!