PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 21:09
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.3V stall

Like you I did the air cadet thing and this resulted in a career in aviation and I too share the opinion of most on this forum that the chance to fly with the air cadets is vital to the youth of this nation.

That being said we can't sent the young people of this nation flying in aircraft of questionable airworthiness.

There is no doubt that the aircraft should have been grounded, the mistake was to let the contractor who presiptated this problems try to run the recovery program, any commercial operator would have shown them the door.

Recently the RAF have grasped the nettle and started working with others to get the gliders back in the air.

Your opinion that a small team of enthusiastic consultants is not far wide of the mark but if you think you will have the fleet back in the air in a few weeks then you vastly underestimate the scale of the task in hand.

The airworthiness oversight has to up to airline standard and the paperwork is a real mess, it will take time but I would be very supprized if we don't see cadets flying next summer.

Last edited by A and C; 4th Nov 2015 at 07:42.