PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic MPL Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 18:11
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how much weight is given to experience to ATC/CCF and UAS experience in cadet programmes as a whole? When I was at a school that had CCF I was explicitly barred from joining by my parents who basically said "we can only afford the fees for one year, which means you're there to get good grades, not have fun". I did get good grades but university never really appealed to me, so I didn't do UAS.

I do have a reasonable amount of flying experience, 95% of which I've paid for out of my own pocket.

I do wonder if someone could get, say, gliding diamond badges and still slip in regardless of maximum hours because they don't have power flying experience.

Regarding SunsetSheepLandings' question:
I should add that from what I have seen the vast majority who get into any cadet scheme have some flying experience. Many hold degrees though this isn't essential (I met a guy who got on the BA FPP aged 23 without a degree).

Basically most seem to be fairly well-rounded with plenty of experience in the real-world and good academic results. I think degrees may become less important over time due to the £9k fees but that is only an opinion.