PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I DON'T want to be an airline pilot!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 17:15
touchdown17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would any airline pilots recommend someone who didn't want to become an airline pilot go into the industry?

I was fortunate to have the money to complete my Frozen atpl while in college and doing other jobs. I love reading about and flying small planes but i never aspired to be an airline pilot. I did my ppl over a few years and then just carried on with the cpl with no set goal in mind.

I have massive respect for airlines pilots and its an incredibly tough job but because it never appealed to me i never went for it. I have met people who all they wanted to do was fly the big stuff and when they achieved it some seemed a small bit deflated and i thought if they were like that after reaching a goal they always wanted I wouldn't be happy in that position especially having spent all the extra money on MCC TR etc.

I have turned 30 now and always thought maybe i would instruct on the side or travel and do some bush flying.

I also read somewhere online i think it was maybe here on pprune a captain saying stay away from the airline industry unless its your passion as there is nothing worse than a FO arriving in the flight deck on his first day and he doesn't want to be there.