PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest EK Mngmt Departure Announced
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 13:11
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rucksacks? Save them for desert and mountain hikes. Providing a Wenger bag for all pilots (again, free), stopped those that continued to ignore the 'request' not to use them. And it's the same for drinking coffee in uniform whilst walking through the terminal in full view of passengers. Hardly a professional image, is it? We wouldn't expect to see the cabin crew doing it so why should we. Lead by example and all that? If you're really that desperate that you can't wait 10 minutes until you get on the aircraft, change career and open a coffee shop!
Oh boy Harry, where does one start? I know, We don't work in the military! Yes image or perceptions are moderately important in a public space but the issues you mention border on the pathetic and are indicative of a lack anything approaching common sense.
Who cares about a rucksack, backpack, shoulder bag or flight bag? It's nickel and dime micromanaging at its worst. Drinking a coffee? Honestly? I go out of my way to have a slurp now that TCAS and the uniform Stasi deemed it to be verboten, why you ask? funnily enough it's because I am a thinking, caring empathetic adult who has thus far managed to do pretty well in this world without bowing to the universally retarded, collectively stupid and their way of thinking.
My world view is simple, if it doesn't affect the job that I am paid to do then bugger off, let me as an adult with the benefit of a considerable amount of years behind me make that decision. In a word this is, as it has always been, about control, control and encroaching control over every little detail, every bit of mindless faff and of course control over you.
Harry you seem to be reasonably intelligent, for the most part, but if you are blind or ignorant to that then I feel sorry for you. TCAS is who he is and does what he does because the man is a frustrated tyrant who never rose to the level in his previous organisation that he thought he ought to have, he has indulged in behaviour here that would never have been tolerated in a more balanced environment with layers of personal and financial accountability.
He has been empowered in his role by those above him who bear little resemblance to what we would consider normal human beings and it is those very individuals who will continue to contribute to the downfall of this place one coffee slurped, backpack carried and hat not worn at a time.