PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines - New/Relevant info
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 09:45
sebatsea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is getting a bit too far.
1. @TheBiggerD I am wondering WHY are there so MANY U.S. pilots EVERYWHERE CX, QR, EK, EY, Copa, Astana, Air China, Spring, Shenzen, ETC ??? Is it because they went into the spiral? Since now you need ATPL in the US, why don't they go back home? I met guys, that will NOT go back to the US, for simple reasons: TAX, cost of living, families abroad...

2.@ coldastone - I am employed by a small Regional company in Europe. I have more than 2500HRS total, 2300jet time. My pay scale is stuck since 3 years ago...and as an FO, will be stuck for good...No upgrades in sight, no options... I started late, age wise, but now it's time to see what can I do about it...

I am not speaking out for everybody, since everybody has his own reasons for finding another job. Blaming one another, is quite easy, but the blame is also on the markets, on the Low Cost carriers, and ultimately on the Flying Schools selling you the dream, and some other entrepreneurs (TRO, SIM owners, providing "interview training") that seized the opportunity to skin young wannabe pilots alive...it's as simple as that...