PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 22:06
22/04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The focus here is moving towards the back of the aeroplane. The answer lies there I think

Someone must know now- because if it was an explosion in either the cabin or the lavatory or the baggage hold there will be tell tail signs of that explosion.

Otherwise it failure of the RPB (which doesn't look convincing) or some other structural failure at the rear of the aeroplane.

Don't think it is the RPB repair but am drawn to that skydrol which might be irrelevant. Still looking for answers as to whether it would need top up and whether that would be recorded in any kind of tech log. What are the consequences of Skydrol leak and where would it go- where would messy top ups go if they are needed. Still waiting for an engineer to tell me "there are no consequences worth note".

I sense some are looking for terrorist involvement when that is the least comfortable option for me as an outsider and doesn't seem likely really - a Jihadi from Syria straying to Sharm - well maybe but not really. A poorly maintained Russian aeroplane operated by a rogue operator is much more palatable. Means I can climb on to an Easy or Monarch A3xx to Sharm with more comfort.

And why is the operator wading in? It isn't their place - the independent investigation will determine. Dare I say the Egyptians would not like terrorism - I have the feeling Metrojet and Mr Putin might be more comfortable with it - though to his credit Mr Putin is remaining neutral at present.