PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Heavy Landing At Sydney?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2003, 19:07
Taildragger67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fire wall - see the photo on the Herald website - ends of the wings turned up. She's a -400

Hot Pete - next time you're paxing, take a look at how few punters pay attention to the safety demo. No wonder they didn't think to 'remove high heels'. I agree with wearing anything you'd be happy in the bush in - also what you reckon would allow you to crawl through burning wreckage in isn't a bad plan. As for the F/A - maybe they did yell out to get heels off, but with all the panic yelling & screaming, it might not have sunk into the skull quick enough - or there was another punter behind, pushing. At the door, it's too late: 'sorry ma'am, please just stand aside in this burning fuselage and remove your heels, there's a good girl'. I think not. F/As need to be able to throw nurf balls at inattentive punters during the briefing, to get them to pay attention - or maybe ask a couple of questions afterwards to make sure all were paying attention. Now there's a thought: add a line to the briefing: 'take a look at the person sitting next to you. They might have to help you out, so make sure they're paying attention now'.

Anyway glad everyone got out and lived to play another day. Better safe than toast. If nothing else, maybe we have learnt something from that 737 in Manchester which started smoking on the ground & people died (the one where the empennage fell off). Smoke? I'm outta here!!