PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 16:54
Kapitanleutnant

C'mon guys.... This thread is starting to go into the gutter. No need for the disrespect here.

Each of us have our views. As one who resigned, I still feel interested to come back here hoping to see a new thread saying "EK pilots to fly no more than 83 hours in 30 days" or some such.

My sleep cycle is still a bit messed up many weeks after leaving. Have heard some say it can take 6 months.

I also wonder if those who are more pro EK simply don't realize they're more fatigued
today than they were same time last year. It's rather insidious. Someday, these types of rosters can materialize into some health issues, perhaps more for some than others.

I sincerely do miss the flying and the crew I flew with, but in the end, I just couldn't do 95 plus hours a month without a break of some sort.

I've heard a few say that this job is so close to being one of the best out there. In my opinion the mindset that trickles from AAR down is will become the downfall of EK.

A senior and respected TRE told me a few years ago the wheels are falling off this place.

When I come back to take a peek at the prune, I do so looking for that post about things finally changing for the better for everyone there.

Kap