PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines - New/Relevant info
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 15:25
sebatsea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will just say a few words for those that "know what's best" for some!!!
When you are stuck in Europe, or in USA, or in South America in a small company, or in a bigger company, on a not so "great" aircraft, with a crappy salary and with almost zero perspective, then you will take whatever in behind door nr.2!
When almost all the European companies make the pilots pay the TR for a B737 or A320, and one has NOT the financial means or does not agree with this type on "procedure" will take, again what's behind door nr.2!!
The salaries in the Asian market are NOT small at all...btw, have you seen the amount of money a Ryanair FO is making???? How dare we blame people for wanting something better.
Looking from your positions, gentlemen, with thousands of hours on an Airbus or a Boeing, with your upgrades and some money stacked (if you were smart enough) it seems that we're all idiots ...I believe you are out of contact with the real job market problems back here... Maybe it's not Heaven, but most certainly it's better than a Regional in Europe/US which pays 2500 EUR or USD/month for an FO...
It depends, of course what the hell you want from life: you want a PIC or F/O position where you fly 900HRS/year and get30.000 to 60.000E/year, with no permanent contract, no medical, etc ??? or you fly 700hrs/year and get 110.000E/year, maybe with medical insurance? Expenses are not very different...in Milano a nice apartment will set you back around 1500-2000E/month in a nice district... London even more expensive...And you will STILL be away from home... True, in Europe...flying for a low cost...
Wake the hell up and look around...it's a freaking jungle due to those that took bank loans and payed their TR, and set the "habit"... management!!!
Please be so kind and DO NOT get into a rough discussion here...it's just my humble opinion...