PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 15:15
Ldggrup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK selection

Hi guys.. I just went for EK selection and I didn't clear it..I will try and write whatever I remember and experience. Again, I am just writing my experience and it could be different from others.

I got email from EK for PSP in AMS but I was not able to attend the PSP so they gave me an option to come and do full 4 days in DXB. After sending them email that I can come dubai they sent me option for dates in October. I picked my date which suited me and replied. Within 1 day, I got confirmation that those dates have been booked.

1 week before the assessment, I got email with forms to be filled and brought on day 1. They give you list of documents. Make sure you have all these with you on day 1.

Then another email which had sim brief package.

Then another email with visa and ticket.

Your ticket is Y/J.. That means you are confirmed for economy but if space available and if you ask check-in person, you will get upgrade to business.

After arrival in DXB, you can either get taxi or hotel shuttle. To get hotel shuttle you might have to wait for 30-40 mins.. I took a taxi and it costed me 40dhs.

Hotel is a 3 star Premier inn. Not very impressive, but has a 24 hours costa coffee. You are entitled for 100dhs which you can use it in hotel restaurant, room service, bar etc..for breakfast you are only entitled for continental breakfast, not allowed to eat hot meals in breakfast as not entitled.

Day 1:- Bus leaves the hotel at exact 6:30 am and arrives at 6:40. You walk and make your way to pilot lounge. Everyone knows it. You can ask any EK staff.

A very warm welcome from EK pilots. They will ask your room number and documents and print out of documents they had sent you in email.

Then you continue to HR brief. And then followed by Brief with selection pilot who would be doing your sim.

Very nice TRE. Very honest. He gave us a chance to ask him whatever we wanted to.
We asked him a lot of questions. He answered all very patiently and honestly.
Pilots are flying 90+ hours.. EK is really short of FO. Hence hiring a lot of guys. Also since short of FO, very slow command upgrade. May be 10-12 years.. He said company says 5 but he thinks 10-12.. He said don't come to EK if you are not prepared for EK ops. Max 8 days off in a month. As you go up on seniority your bidding value goes up and can spend upto 15 days at home.. But he said there are 3000+ pilots , so he said just think by when will your seniority comes.

Then divided in to groups.. Airbus guys did sim on A380 and boeing on B777.

Rest of guys did compass test.

Compass test was 90% similar to latest pilot jobs. Everyone who came had done latest pilot jobs.

Day finished.. Go hotel.. At 4:30 you get a call if you continue or not..if you didn't make it, try after 2 years.

On day 2... It starts at 7 am so again take the same shuttle at 6:30. Go to 6th floor and do some physcometry questions.. 10:30 spouse joins and go for tour.. Very nice and informative.. Ask as many questions you want.

Come back to office, do some more physcmtry questions..

Day 3:- i did not pass this day. You start with group excercise and then panel interview..

Out of 16 guys, 10 failed on day 1.. I don't know how many failed on day 3..

EK has very big operations as we all know, but just think if you are ready for it.. Its a very good company.. One of the best.. Dont go to EK if you are looking for command.. If you want to spend time woth family, you need to wait till you go up in seniority.. Which might be 4-5 years..

Overall good company good people.. I didn't make it but wish you all good luck and hope you get into EK and write inside story..