PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 12:36
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyflyer,

I do hope that MAN has some good reasoning, but, to ban any diverts to protect their operation at MAN was a tad over the top.

If a single E-jet divert could impact the operation at MAN so much, then serious questions have to be asked at what the hell is going on for that to happen.

The thing is, people are being quick to defend, but, the main point seems to be constantly side stepped. Im Not sayin MAN should have opened its doors to anyone and everyone, but, to blanket ban without even looking into diverts on a simple case by case basis was a tad extreme. By all means, say no to the 2 B777's that diverted, but, to say no to an jungle jet for fear of impacting your operation, seriously?!

I'm also not saying MAN had bags of space and myriads of staff sat around doing nothing, but, what I am saying is that when you have to refuse a simple e-jet through lack of whatever, then serious questions need to be asked why there is absolutely no flexibility on the system at all. Where is your buffer space? Where is your contingency?